Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Thursday, 12 May 2005. Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member, editorial board, the Free Arab Voice.
Thursday, 12 May 2005.
Resistance attack on US airbase cuts off electricity, water, communications from biggest US base in western Iraq.
Iraqi Resistance forces attacked the US air base known as ‘Ayn al-Asad in the western Iraqi city of Hit on Thursday afternoon – the largest US base in western al-Anbar Province.
The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam reported that the Resistance struck the base’s electricity power station and also blew up the pipes supplying the American facility with water, plunging the base into darkness.
The Resistance also hit the center for wire and wireless communications within ‘Ayn al-Asad base with four Katyusha rockets, totally destroying the center and cutting off all communications between the base and other American forces in the area where they are battling Resistance forces.
American propaganda mouthpieces acknowledged the attack, admitting that four technical soldiers in a maintenance unit were killed. The Americans also admitted that their own army communications center had been destroyed, causing them “difficulties” in communicating with their forces deployed in western al-Anbar Province where considerable fighting is underway.
For its part the Iraqi Resistance group the Partisans of the Sunnah [Prophet’s Practice] announced its responsibility for the attack in a communiqué, a copy of which Mafkarat al-Islam obtained.
Resistance pushes US troops back to the east of al-Qa’im Thursday morning.
In a dispatch posted at 9:45am Mecca time Thursday morning, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that a short while before, Iraqi Resistance forces compelled US occupation troops from the easter approaches to the city of al-Karabilah, which lies to the east of the city of al-Qa’im on the Iraqi-Syrian border.
Witnesses in al-Karabilah told Mafkarat al-Islam that the Resistance drove the Americans back at least one kilometer in fighting, and the Resistance pounded the US troop concentrations with rockets during their retreat, inflicting dead and wounded in the American ranks. The fact that US troops were killed and wounded in the fighting was confirmed by the reconnaissance unit of the Resistance forces in al-Karabilah.
Thursday morning, US fire was concentrated on the village of Sa‘dah located to the south of the city, in an apparent attempt to draw Resistance fighters out of their strongholds. The Resistance held their positions, however, in a town that the Marines have so far been unable to break into.
US says it dropped 510 anti-personnel cluster bombs in five days on al-Qa’im, ar-Rummanah, and al-Karabilah.
In a dispatch posted at 10:55am Mecca time Thursday morning, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that the US occupation forces announced at a press conference in Baghdad on Thursday morning that the Marines in five continuous days of fighting in al-Qa’im on the border with Syria had dropped 510 cluster bombs on what the Americans claimed were concentrations of Iraqi Resistance fighters in al-Qa’im, ar-Rummanah, and al-Karabilah.
In addition, the Americans boasted of having fired 319 laser-guided missiles at the Iraqi Resistance in the area. The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in the headquarters of the occupation in the Republican Palace area of Baghdad, known to the invaders as the “green zone,” reported that US generals admitted that the Resistance defense had been “fierce” – in the second such admission in the second consecutive press conference having to do with the fighting in al-Qa’im.
US admits: American general killed Wednesday in Battle of al-Qa’im.
Confirming a report carried by Mafkarat al-Islam the US military in a Thursday morning press conference admitted that one of its Marine generals had been killed in the battle of al-Qa’im on Wednesday.
An American propaganda mouthpiece speaking at a press conference in the western Iraqi city of ar-Rawah, near al-Qa’im, Thursday morning reported that an American Marine general had been killed during the battle on Wednesday. The propaganda source provided no further details on the death, such as the circumstances of the killing or the name of the general.
Mafkarat al-Islam was the first news source to report the death of the American general. Later the Resistance organization Base [Qa‘idah] of the Jihad in the Land of the Two Rivers announced that it had been responsible for the death of the US general.
Mafkarat al-Islam also reported that the Base of the Jihad had published a communiqué to that effect in al-Qa’im, a document that was distributed locally, one of them being obtained by the Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent. In that communiqué the Resistance organization reported that its fighters had shot down a helicopter that was carrying an American general by the name of “Drinkwine,” who was the commander of US operations in al-Qa’im.
Reeling from deadly Resistance blows, US calls in chauvinist militias to fight their battle for them.
In a dispatch posted at 1: pm Thursday afternoon, Mecca time, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that a short while earlier the vanguards of collaborationist chauvinist Shi‘i and Kurdish militia gunmen had arrived on the outskirts of the area of al-Karabilah and ar-Rummanah near al-Qa’im where fighting has been raging for several days between US troops and the Iraqi Resistance.
The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in the area reported witnesses as saying that more than 200 members of the Kurdish chauvinist Peshmergah and 300 members of he Shi‘i chauvinist Badr Brigades had arrived under protection of American armored vehicles after US commanders called in the stooge forces to reduce the pressure on their own troops. The move comes one day after US General Drinkwine, in charge of operations in the al-Qa’im area, was killed by Iraqi Resistance fighters.
For their part the stooges who run the Peshmergah and Badr Brigades were eager to leap to the command of their American masters, in an attempt to prove their usefulness to the invader troops.
The enthusiasm of the puppet commanders does nothing to hide the fact that the Americans are only resorting to a call-up of the militias due to the extremely difficult position they have found themselves facing in the fiercely defiant region.
Al-Qa‘idah communiqué on continuing fighting in al-Qa’im.
In a dispatch posted at 5:45pm Mecca time Thursday evening, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that its correspondent in the city of al-Qa’im had obtained a communiqué issued by the Iraqi Resistance organization Base [Qa‘idah] of the Jihad in the Land of the Two Rivers regarding the fighting that is raging in that area. The communiqué said that “for the fifth day, thanks be to God, all the US forces were unable to shake the resolve of our brothers in al-Qa’im. They were unable to storm into the city.” “The Army of the Merciful God killed 40 Americans,” the statement said, “and to destroy more than 15 vehicles, bringing down six helicopters as well.” The statement said that those figures were only counting the enemy losses that the Base had been able to come up with by the time the communiqué was drawn up.
City seethes with anger after American troops kidnap girl from home, to lure in brother. Resistance bombardment prompts US to release her.
In a dispatch posted at 11:40am Mecca time Thursday morning, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that US forces arrested a 20-year old girl from her home in the al-Mal‘ab neighborhood east of ar-Ramadi Thursday morning. The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in the city reported relatives of the girl as saying: “American forces raided our home to arrest her eldest brother whom they accuse of belonging to the Iraqi Resistance. But when they didn’t find him at home, they arrested his sister, leaving a verbal message for the girl’s big brother saying, ‘if you want your sister back unharmed, give yourself up today.’”
The correspondent reported that the Americans tied the girl’s hands and blindfolded her in front of her 60-year-old father and then lead the girl away to their base.
The correspondent noted that the city is seething with unusual anger over the outrage that has sparked demonstrations in front of the puppet “governorate” offices. Protestors threatened the puppet authorities with a “disaster” for the occupation troops if they do not release the girl.
For its part, the Iraqi Resistance had not as of the time of reporting issued any statement on the American abduction or on their planned response, but the correspondent noted that coming hours would be “pregnant with much.”
In a dispatch posted at 6:30pm Thursday evening, Mecca time, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that US forces had released the 20-year-old girl whom they had kidnapped from her home earlier on Thursday. The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in ar-Ramadi wrote that US forces initially rejected the intercession of tribal and religious leaders in the case.
The Resistance then weighed in with unmistakable impact.
Resistance forces unleashed more than 30 rockets and heavy mortar rounds on the American headquarters in the hours just preceding the release. The Resistance further declared that there would be more such merciless blows on the way, according to a communiqué issued by the First Army of Muhammad Resistance organization, a copy of which was obtained by the correspondent.
The US forces then released the girl unharmed and a short while before the Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent submitted his report, the Resistance responded with a declaration that said that the language of dialogue with the occupation had been exhausted long ago and that there was no remaining way to deal with the occupation other than with blood and killing.
British mercenary supply company says mercenary officer likely killed in Resistance ambush.
The British “security” (i.e., mercenary supply company) “Heart” has announced that it believes that a Japanese mercenary in their employ – Akihito Saito – had probably been killed in an Iraqi Resistance attack in the ar-Ramadi area. Agence France Presse (AFP) reported that the company’s website reported that the firm had not “given up hope” regarding Saito’s fate, but said that witnesses had informed them that Saito’s wounds were likely fatal.
The Iraqi Resistance group Partisans of the Sunnah [Prophet’s Practice] had earlier announced that it had captured the former Japanese soldier, now working for Heart as a mercenary “security officer” in an attack on a convoy near ar-Ramadi. The Partisans of the Sunnah reported that the attack had left at least 10 persons dead. Heart admitted that the attack had been “well planned” and “complex” and that explosives and rocket-propelled grenades had been used as well as light arms.
Resistance shoots down US Black Hawk helicopter near Hadithah; crew reported “missing.”
In a dispatch posted at 6:42pm Mecca time, Mafkarat al-Islam reported that Iraqi Resistance forces shot down a US Black Hawk helicopter over the village of Jubbah, north of Hadithah in western Iraq a short while earlier.
The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in al-Hadithah reported that the Resistance brought down the American aircraft with a SAM-7 surface-to-air missile. Local people confirmed that US troops then made a very concerted effort to find the crew who were still at the time of writing missing.
American forces encircled the crash site where flaming wreckage of the downed helicopter could be seen.
US convoys of wrecked vehicles attest power of Iraqi Resistance.
In a visual confirmation of the heavy losses that the US invaders are suffering in the current fighting in the cities of al-Qa’im, Hadithah, ar-Ramadi, and al-Fallujah, correspondents for Mafkarat al-Islam in ar-Ramadi, al-Fallujah, as-Saqlawiyah, and Abu Ghurayb all reported observing train of more than 36 giant American transport vehicles each loaded with two disabled armored vehicles, tanks, or Humvees trundling past their cities over the last two days and into Thursday morning. Those more than seventy destroyed American vehicles were on their way to the US “Tariq” base where the Americans have their largest “vehicle graveyard” in occupied Iraq.
Colonel Nawaf al-Jabawi confirmed the massive transport of wrecked vehicles to the lead correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in Baghdad. Al-Jabawi’s responsibility in the puppet so-called “ministry of defense” is to protect exterior roads and his forces also took part in providing protection for the convoys of wrecked vehicles. He confirmed that the vehicles came to their rest in the “graveyard” in the Tariq base in Abu Ghurayb and confirmed that the total number of US trucks hauling vehicles destroyed by the Iraqi Resistance is “much greater” than 36.
US admits three American troops killed on Thursday.
The US military admitted on Thursday that three American soldiers had been killed in various Resistance bombardments during the day. The first American named by US propaganda mouthpieces as having been killed was attached to the Marines. A Resistance bomb blew up by his passing vehicle while he was on a combat mission east of al-Musayyib, in Babil Province, 60km south of Baghdad.
The second American named as among the dead by the US statement was killed when a roadside bomb went off by his vehicle east of Baghdad.
The third officially-acknowledged American death on Thursday was killed while on patrol in the city of Samarra’ in Salah ad-Din Province, 100km north of Baghdad, the Americans said. They added that another American was wounded in the same Resistance attack.
Salah ad-Din Province.
Four US troops killed in afternoon bombing in Samarra’.
An Iraqi Resistance roadside bomb exploded in the al-Mu‘tasim neighborhood of Samarra’ at about 3pm Thursday afternoon. Witnesses told Mafkarat al-Islam that the bomb was planted by the side of the main road in the neighborhood and that the device went off as a patrol of four Humvees was passing by. The blast completely destroyed one Humvee, killing four American troops.
American arrest of 14 persons, seven of them women, denounced by Board of Muslim ‘Ulama’.
The Board of Muslim ‘Ulama’ [Scholars], the highest Sunni religious authority in occupied Iraq, issued a statement condemning the US raid carried out jointly with puppet “national guard” troops in at-Taji, north of Baghdad on Wednesday evening.
The statement said that the US and its stooges raided the home of Shaykh ‘Ali Muhammad Salih az-Zakm in the Saba‘ al-Bur area of at-Taji at 1:30am Wednesday, 11 May on the basis of a claim by a tipster. The Americans and their puppets searched the house for “wanted” persons, but only arrested everyone who was in the house – a total of 14 persons including seven women: the wife of the Shaykh, his four daughters, and the wives of his two sons.
The Board denounced the raid and demanded the release of the Shaykh and his family. It also demanded an end to raids and arrests, particularly of women.
Seven truck drivers kidnapped in al-Basrah for sectarian reasons.
Armed Shi‘i chauvinist militia gangsters in al-Basrah on Tuesday kidnapped the drivers of seven commercial trucks that drove up to their checkpoint on the road to Baghdad. The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in al-Basrah reported that a statement by the Board of Muslim ‘Ulama’ [Scholars], the highest Sunni religious authority in Iraq, announced that the seven truckdrivers were kidnapped after the Shi‘i chauvinist gunmen discovered that they were citizens of the city of al-Mada’in.
It was in the city of al-Mada’in that Shi‘i chauvinist gunmen and Iranian agents pulled off a hoax on the western media several weeks ago, feeding them a story about Resistance forces having supposedly kidnapped numerous local Shi‘i residents and announced that the hostages would be killed if all Shi‘ah failed to leave that area around the city to the southeast of Baghdad. After US and stooge troops invaded the city, it was discovered and admitted that the entire story of kidnapping and threatened “ethnic cleansing” was a sectarian hoax with no basis in truth.
Following the disclosure of the truth regarding that incident, however, sectarian Shi‘i gunmen who belong to the local puppet police and puppet security services, kidnapped and murdered 14 local Sunni peasants in the al-Mada’in area in revenge for their embarrassment.
The kidnapping on Tuesday of seven truckdrivers from al-Mada’in thus has serious and very ominous overtones.