Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Monday, 19 July 2004 through Wednesday, 21 July 2004.  Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member editorial board The Free Arab Voice.


Monday, 19 July 2004.


Resistance bomb kills three US troops, wounds two others near Abu Ghurayb after sundown Monday using a mine planted in an animal carcass.


Iraqi Resistance fighters killed three US aggressor troops and wounded two more after sunset on Monday evening when a Resistance bomb exploded on the expressway near Abu Ghurayb, west of Baghdad.  In keeping with a new tactic, however, the Resistance mine was not planted in the ground.


The correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam reported that the mine was planted inside the carcass of a dead animal on the road.  When the US patrol, consisting of two Humvees, approached, the mine exploded setting one Humvee ablaze and inflicting the casualties.


Iraqi Resistance hits US base near al-Fallujah with 10 rockets Monday morning.


Iraqi Resistance fighters attacked a US camp in the agricultural zone east of al-Fallujah at about 10:30am local time Monday.  The local correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam in the city reported that clouds of black smoke could be seen rising into the sky over the area.  Residents of the area reported that they heard 10 explosions coming from within the American compound, indicating that 10 Iraqi Resistance rockets had slammed into the base.


Iraqi Resistance martyrdom truck bombing in Baghdad.


An Iraqi Resistance martyrdom attacker in an explosives-laden fuel truck blew it up early Monday at a puppet police station in southwest Baghdad, killing ten people and wounding about 60 as the inferno engulfed officers and others waiting for their daily assignments, puppet officials and witnesses said, according to Reuters.


Dr. Shihab Ahmad of the Central Department of the puppet so-called “ministry of health” told Agence France Presse (AFP) on Monday morning that nine bodies had been reported from the various hospitals in the area.


The morning blast outside the puppet police station in the Sayyidiyah neighborhood, the latest in a string of deadly attacks on stooge police, came as officers gathered to receive their daily assignments.


“We were all standing in a row, listening to our officer as he gave us our assignment for the day,” said Mahdi Salah ‘Abid ‘Ali, 32, lying in a bed at al-Yarmuk hospital, a bandage around his leg.  “There were many [puppet] policemen standing in the square when the tanker exploded,” he said. The explosion took place just after 8:00am.


The fuel tanker attack Monday killed nine people and wounded at least 60, said Sa‘d al-‘Amili, an official in the puppet so-called “health ministry.”


The tanker's presence in the industrial area, near car repair and electrical workshops, did not raise concerns until it started speeding toward the police station, said Ahmad Nuri, a worker at a nearby car wash.  “I was standing with a friend when we saw the tanker speeding in an unnatural way,” Nuri said, describing the driver as a young man with a light beard.  The tanker exploded about 490 feet from the fenced-in, two-story puppet police station.


British military helicopter crashes in al-Basrah, killing one, wounding two crewmen.


A statement of the British Ministry of Defence admitted on Monday that one crewman was killed and two others wounded on Monday when a British Puma helicopter crashed in the southern Iraqi city of al-Basrah, the American Associated Press (AP) reported.


The statement gave no further details of the crash but a British military spokesman in al-Basrah asserted that the helicopter crashed over the helicopter runway in the city.  Captain Hashim al-Hallawi, British military spokesman in al-Basrah, claimed that the crash was “not thought to be” the result of an Iraqi Resistance attack.


The Puma is a twin-engine support helicopter able to carry up to 20 troops, according to a report carried by the AP, that added that the craft entered service with the British Royal Air Force in 1971.


Head of puppet military supply department assassinated by Resistance.


The puppet so-called “Iraqi defense ministry” installed by the US invaders admitted Monday that Resistance fighters killed ‘Isam Jasim Qasim (surnamed “ad-Dujayli” in an American Associated Press [AP] report), the head of the puppet military’s supply department, in a drive-by shooting as he walked into his house in Baghdad around 10:00pm Sunday night local time.


According to the AP, Four Resistance fighters drove up as Qasim (ad-Dujayli) was carrying dinner into his home Sunday night and opened fire, killing him and his bodyguard, said Mishal as-Sarraf, an adviser to the “defense minister.”


A spokesman in the “ministry” told Reuters, however, that three Resistance fighters killed Qasim.


Resistance fires rocket-propelled grenade at fire station in Baghdad.


Iraqi Resistance fighters fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a fire station in the Baghdad neighborhood of as-Salihiya, injuring one person, the US military said on Monday.  According to a US propaganda spokesman, the fire station is a center where the occupation troops frequently take shelter and is located near the so-called “green zone” – the Iraqi Republican Palace that the occupation took over as its headquarters and that of its puppet regime.


Al-‘Arabiyah satellite TV reported a US spokesman as saying that one person was injured in the attack, but did not give the nationality of that casualty.


The attack came shortly after an Iraqi Resistance martyrdom fighter detonated his fuel truck amidst puppet police in the occupied Iraqi capital.


Puppet police chief of Hit found dead.


The body of Lieutenant Colonel Nafi‘ al-Kubaysi, the police chief of the town of Hit, was discovered Monday at a market in nearby al-Fallujah, officials said. Al-Kubaysi had been kidnapped Saturday from his police station, said Captain Nasir ‘Abdullah.


Turkoman broadcaster slain in Mosul.


Turkoman broadcaster Layth Husayn ‘Ali was killed and two others were injured when their car came under fire in the northern city of Mosul, puppet police said.  Mosul has been the scene of ethnic violence as Kurds alligned with the US occupation seek to “ethnicly cleanse” the city of Arab and Turkoman residnents.


The Philippines completes withdrawal of its invader troops.


The Philippines on Monday said it had completed the withdrawal of its contingent of 51 aggressor troops from Iraq, meeting a demand by Iraqi Resistance fighters threatening to behead a Filipino hostage but defying opposition from Washington.


On Monday, six cars filled with waving Filipino soldiers left their camp in al-Hillah, south of Baghdad, after paying an "exit call" on the Polish commander at the base.

The troops were the last of a 51-member Philippine contingent that was pulled out of the country to meed the demands of Iraqi Resistance kidnappers holding a Filipino truck driver hostage.  Philippine Foreign Secretary Delia Albert said they would travel by road to Kuwait then take a commercial flight home.  Albert said on national television that before the end of the day all members of the Philippine aggressor contingent would be out of Iraq.


Al-Jazeera satellite TV reported an announcement by the Philippine embassy in Kuwait that the last Filipino troops had arrived in Kuwait and would be airlifted out to Manila.  The commander of the Filipino aggressor troops arrived in Manila on an ordinary aircraft before the departure of the rest of his troops.  The Philippine troops were dispatched to Iraq in August 2003 in service to the United States which dominates the regime in Manila.


Iraqi Resistance attack on oil convoy Saturday left Turkish driver dead, one other captured as a presumed hostage.


An Iraqi puppet official said on Monday that the Iraqi Resistance had killed a Turkish truck driver and captured another when they attacked a convoy headed for Mosul on Saturday.  Reuters reported relatives of the driver as saying that Muhammad ‘Umar [“Mehmet Ímer”] who is 30 years old, was captured when his oil tanker truck convoy was attacked by Resistance fighters riding in four civilian cars on Saturday.


The relatives and other truck drivers said that two trucks were destroyed in the Resistance attack, which left one driver dead.  An official in the puppet government of Mosul confirmed the death of the one Turkish truck driver and said that another Turkish driver had joined the ranks of the “missing” as a result of the Resistance attack.


Resistance group frees Egyptian truck driver hostage after employer pulls out of occupied Iraq.


Egyptian diplomatic sources said Monday that Sayyid Muhammad Sayyid al-Ghirbawi, an Egyptian who had been held hostage by a Resistance group, had been freed.  Reuters reported an Egyptian diplomat as confirming that al-Ghirbawi was released and that he was now in the Egyptian embassy in the occupied Iraqi capital.


The Iraqi Resistance group that held al-Ghirbawi hostage had said that he would be freed if his Saudi employer promised to pull out of Iraq.  The Saudi firm of Faysal ibn ‘Ali an-Najit announced on Friday that it had stopped all its activity in occupied Iraq in order to save the life of the Egyptian driver.


Bomb injures shepherds near US base in Ba‘qubah.


A bomb exploded near a military base in Ba‘qubah, north of Baghdad, injuring two young shepherds, said ‘Ali Hamid al-Juburi, an official at Ba‘qubah’s main hospital.



















Tuesday, 20 July 2004.


Iraqi Resistance ambush of CIA personnel in al-Fallujah caught on film.


An Iraqi Resistance group called the Islamic Army in al-Fallujah has released a video tape of an attack they carried out on a number of members of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in al-Fallujah.  Parts of the video were broadcast on the Arabic-language Iranian al-‘Alam satellite TV.  A member of the Islamic Army said on the tape that the group received reliable information that two cars belonging to the CIA were going to pass through their city.


They set up an ambush at the main crossroads of the city, and there killed all those who were riding in the two cars.  The Resistance fighters took weapons from the vehicles and then left the scene.


The spokesman for the Islamic Army pledged on the tape that his organization would pursue the occupation forces and take vengeance upon them wherever they go in Iraq.


Al-‘Alam TV broadcast scenes showing a number of Americans covered in blood in one of the cars.  Private papers belonging to the agents could be seen strewn around the bodies.


US admits one Marine killed in al-Anbar Province.


The US military announced on Tuesday that one American Marine invader had been killed in operations in al-Anbar Province, west of Baghdad, according to a report broadcast by al-‘Arabiyah satellite TV.  The American spokesmen offered no more specific information on the circumstances or place of death.  Al-Anbar is the province in which al-Fallujah, ar-Ramadi and several other centers of Resistance to the US occupation are located.


Iraqi Resistance mortar shells slam into US “green zone” headquarters in Baghdad.


The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam reported on Tuesday evening that the Iraqi Resistance fired a barrage of four mortar shells at the so-called “green zone,” as the US invaders have dubbed the Iraqi Republican Palace compound occupied by the Americans as their occupation headquarters and seat of the US-appointed stooge regime.  The rockets were apparently launched on Hayfa street.  As usual, the US side made no announcements regarding casualties or damage as a result of the attack in an area away from media coverage.


In the 24-hours of Tuesday the Iraqi Resistance in the ad-Durah district of southern Baghdad carried out a series of successful attacks on occupation targets that left five Americans dead, according to the correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam.


Two Resistance bombs went off in the area, both targeted at American patrols.  The first explosion destroyed two Humvees, killing three and wounding an indeterminate number of other US troops.


The bomb that struck the second Humvee killed two US soldiers and wounded a number of others.


According to eye witnesses, the explosions took place on the main highway that runs along the east of ad-Durah on the way to an-Najaf and Karbala’ in the south of the country.


On Monday too, the Iraqi Resistance attacked a US patrol in ad-Durah, that one accompanied by a tank.  That attack crippled the tank and set three Humvees ablaze.  American losses from that attack are still unknown, but residents and eyewitnesses report that immediately after the attack they saw three bodies next to one of the Humvees.  The number of those killed or wounded in the other vehicles is unclear.


That attack took place 50 meters from the ad-Durah oil refinery in the ash-Shimali neighborhood of ad-Durah.


Reeling from massive Resistance attack, US seals off al-Khalidiyah, launches house-to-house raids.


After scoring a stunning success in their attack on the US base at al-Hadbah (“the Hill”) in al-Anbar Province on Saturday, US aggressor troops have encircled nearby al-Khalidiyah, closing it off from the outside world.


According to a report filed by the correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam, the occupation forces, as of the middle of Tuesday-Wednesday night, were carrying out house-to-house searches, storming into local people’s houses looking for youth who might be among the Resistance fighters who delivered those punishing blows to the US occupiers over the weekend.


The details and impact of that significant Resistance attack have been investigated and assessed by a team of regional correspondents from Mafkarat al-Islam in the story below.


Did the Resistance use poison gas in massive attack on US base?


At 8:25pm Mecca time Tuesday evening, Mafkarat al-Islam posted the following report on the Resistance attack upon the US occupation base at al-Hadbah, the main American aggressor base west of Baghdad.


The Mafkarat al-Islam website wrote:


Five days ago the Iraqi Resistance carried out a large and precise operation against the biggest American base in al-Anbar Province in the Sunni Triangle, a base known as al-Hadbah [“the Hill”], which is the main, mother base in that area.


Local police statements in al-Khalidiyah, west of Baghdad, reported a large number of dead American consultants and engineers in the base.  We [Mafkarat al-Islam] dispatched four of our correspondents in al-Anbar Province to the area to learn the truth about the matter.  Areas adjacent to the base were visited and the team concluded from its investigation that at 6:00am on Saturday the American base had come under a ferocious rocket attack in which four powerful Grad missiles were fired from ‘Amiriyat Bu‘Isa north of al-Habbaniyah lake into the US base.  The Resistance launched the missiles from mobile launchers that took up positions in the area at dawn.  The residents of al-Khalidiyah heard the loud and powerful noises of the missiles.


It is apparent, the Mafkarat al-Islam writers reported, that along with those rockets a number of other missiles were launched from another location that they were unable to ascertain.  Some Iraqi security service personnel in al-Khalidiyah believe that these other rockets contained a chemical gas because they produced a green cloud over the American base, according to some Iraqis who work in the compound, but who were prevented from entering for a full day after the attack.  The rocket attacks totally destroyed 65 small wooden housing units in which a massive contingent of engineers and consultants lived – personnel charged with running the war in al-Anbar Province.


One senior member of the Iraqi security service in al-Khalidiyah said that the number of American dead as a result of the attack totaled 82 as of Sunday afternoon and that most of them had died of gas-induced asphyxiation during their sleep.  According to this source, the actual total number of dead remains unknown because of the tight lid of secrecy that the US authorities have clamped down on the incident.


Eyewitnesses in al-Khalidiyah told Mafkarat al-Islam’s correspondents that they awoke to the sound of violent explosions shaking the American base.  Not long afterwards they observed a green cloud rising over the compound.  Big two-rotor Chinook medical helicopters ferried the dead and wounded out of the base in a series of flights that began at 6:30 and only ended two hours later at 8:30am Saturday – the helicopters coming and going in pairs.


The Grad missile, as is known, strikes with a force more than 18 times that of an ordinary rocket.  One such rocket killed 37 people in a single house in al-Fallujah.  Another killed 22 persons in another attack in al-Fallujah.  The Grad is six meters long, as compared with an ordinary rocket whose length is only one meter.  The Grad is also two-and-a-half times wider than the ordinary rocket.


It has been reported earlier that the Iraqi Resistance employed tactical chemical weapons in an attack on a US base in ar-Ramadi, killing more than 150 American troops.  Sky News reported that incident saying that the 130 were killed in intense fighting, but in fact that report was incorrect as to the death toll and the nature of the fighting.  Mafkarat al-Islam at the time made no reference to the correct figures when it reported that incident because it was more interested in conveying reports from the enemy media than from supporters of the Resistance.


The Resistance also used this weapon, Mafkarat al-Islam noted, in its attack on the American base in Mosul, the scene of which was filmed by a correspondent of a well-known Arab satellite TV company who was then arrested and only recently released.


Monday attack on puppet police station from rocket, not explosives-laden fuel tanker as earlier reported, Mafkarat al-Islam reporter concludes.


Offering further details and corrections of initial reports about the explosion that rocked the puppet police station in the al-I‘lam neighborhood of Baghdad on Monday, the correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam writes that the cause of the blast was not a car bomb, as earlier reported by the world media, but a rocket fired by Resistance fighters from a car park in the al-Bayya‘ district at the al-Bayya‘ District puppet police station in al-I‘lam, in the southwestern part of Baghdad.  The correspondent wrote that what sparked the reports that the explosion was the result of a car bomb was the fact that parts of the rocket were seen strewn atop American Humvees at the scene.  (See Iraqi Resistance Report for Monday, 19 July 2004 “Iraqi Resistance martyrdom truck bombing in Baghdad.”)


After further investigation, the correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam wrote on Tuesday that the rocket landed a mere 50 meters from the headquarters of the puppet police offices, exploding over a field where more than 30 Humvees were parked.  US aggressor troops closed off the area and carted the burning Humvees away before allowing the media in to photograph the scene.


The correspondent stressed that the death toll in the attack was 15, including four American soldiers. Most of the remaining 11 people were Iraqi puppet policemen, with only a small number being civilians.  Medical sources said that the number of wounded was more than 40.


News reports circulated Monday said that nine or 10 persons were killed and 56 others injured in what was described as a car bombing.  Reports said that the driver of a booby-trapped car broke through a barrier to protect the puppet police cars parked inside and then blew up and destroyed the entire area, damaging the puppet police station building itself in the process.


Resistance sabotages oil pipeline near Kirkuk.


Iraqi Resistance fighters blew up an oil pipeline near the northern city of Kirkuk, according to an official in the local puppet administration.  Hadi Mustafa said that the blast apparently took out a branch oil pipeline that extends from the ad-Dabis region, northwest of Kirkuk.


Kirkuk is surrounded by a network of pipelines that feed oil refineries and fuel stations and that link the various oil fields together.  A pipeline also extends north through the area to Turkey, but it has been out of commission since May due to constant Resistance attacks.


Iraqi Resistance assassinates collaborationist candidate for puppet governor in al-Basrah.


In al-Basra, Iraqi Resistance fighters shot dead Hazim Tawfiq al-‘Aynji (59), the city’s acting puppet governor, along with his bodyguard and driver as they were pulling out of his driveway to head to work Tuesday.  Puppet council chief ‘Abd al-Bari Fayiq reported the news and noted that another puppet councilman escaped an assassination attempt Monday.


Al-‘Aynji’s son told the media that the attackers opened fire on his father’s car as it was stopped at an occupation checkpoint near their home.  Al-Jazeera satellite TV reported that preliminary indications were that the occupation forces had arrested persons they claim to be the attackers.


Al-‘Aynji was still acting governor at the time of his death because the former puppet governor had been given a ministerial post in the so-called “interim government” appointed by the United States at the end of June, leaving the post in al-Basrah vacant pending the deputy governor al-‘Aynji’s confirmation in the position.


True to their word, Resistance unit releases Filipino hostage after Manila withdraws last aggressor troops from occupied Iraq.


The Filipino truck driver held hostage in Iraq for nearly two weeks was freed Tuesday, a day after his country withdrew its last invader troops from Iraq in a move that met the  demands of the Iraqi Resistance but angered aggressors in Washington, according to a story filed by the American Associated Press (AP).  The Philippines government and the family of Angelo dela Cruz were overjoyed at his release. His wife, Arsenia, burst into tears upon hearing the news in neighboring Jordan. Philippines President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo grinned during a nationally televised address in the Philippines.


The government in Manila initially made a series of ambiguous statements, hesitant to anger the United States.  Finally, however, the leadership of the Philippines, a former colony of the United States, agreed to pull their invader troops out of Iraq. President Arroyo said concern for the millions of Filipino contract workers around the world influenced her decision.  “My government has a deep national interest in their well being wherever they live and work,” Arroyo said. “I made a decision to bring our troops home a few days early in order to spare the life of Angelo. I do not regret that decision.”


On Monday the last Philippine troops, who had been scheduled to leave August 20, drove out of the country and into Kuwait.


About 10:30am Tuesday, dela Cruz was dropped on the steps of the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Baghdad, said UAE officials, who denied there was any coordination between them and the kidnappers.  About three hours later, dela Cruz was driven in a silver Mercedes to the Philippines Embassy, where jubilant embassy staff members embraced him.  At news of his release, dela Cruz's family burst into celebration.


Resistance roadside bomb targeted at puppet patrols explodes west of Ba‘qubah.


Four persons were killed and three others wounded when a roadside bomb exploded west of Ba‘qubah, 60km north of Baghdad, according to Dr. Durayk Kamil in al-Khalis Hospital.  Kamil said that the explosion took place at 12:15 local time (8:15GMT) on Tuesday on the main street in al-Ghalibiyah district, 20km west of Ba‘qubah when a medical team made up of nine persons was riding in a minibus.  Kamil added that the injured were badly wounded, two with skull fractures and internal bleeding and the third with multiple fractures.  Dr. ‘Ali Ibrahim al-Khalis Hospital’s director, said that the victims were veteriarians.


Faysal Yasin, 23, one of the minibus drivers said that his bus was following less than 100 meters behind two patrols of  puppet so-called national guard troops, armed and maintained by the US occupation when the explosion occurred.


Yasin said, “apparently the bomb that was planted by the side of the road was aimed at those two patrols.”


US forces in Iraq are equipped with electronic devices that temporarily disarm many electronic bomb mechanisms as they pass, but allow the bombs to explode afterwards.  These technological devices have caused numerous deaths of Iraqis.


US invaders claim arrest of Iraqi military officials.


US aggressor officials claimed on Tuesday to have arrested the commander for the Kirkuk and Mosul region of the ‘Adnan Khayrallah Division in the Army of the Republic of Iraq and Munir Ibrahim, an official in Saddam’s Fedayeen militia, both organizations that were organized by the Iraqi government prior to the US occupation.  The US aggressor troops say that both men are “charged” with launching attacks against the US invader troops and their puppet police, according to a report carried by al-Jazeera satellite TV.





















Wednesday, 21 July 2004.



Resistance ambush sparks day-long confrontation with invader troops.


At least 14 Americans were killed in ar-Ramadi on Wednesday as a day of fierce and heavy fighting that raged from about 11:00am local time until sunset got under way.


The correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam in the city reported that the clashes began when a group of Resistance fighters ambushed an American patrol consisting of four Humvees and a number of foot soldiers.  Resistance fighters pounded the Humvees with rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) destroying all of them and sparking a battle on al-‘Ishrin (“1920”) Street that lasted until sunset as US reinforcements poured into the area.


The American side threw Apache helicopters and tanks into the fray but in the end 14 US troops were killed and eight others wounded, most of them the troops who were aboard the Humvees that were attacked during the morning.


The Resistance also shot down one US Apache helicopter (see story below) in the course of the fighting.  During the fierce battle the US forces blew up the ‘Abd ar-Razzaq Science Library, the most famous library and a meeting place for ar-Ramadi’s students.


Resistance kills seven US sharpshooters.


In another incident, as the battle raged, a group of US snipers took up positions on the third floor of a building opposite the local American aggressor headquarters set up in the Republican Palace, located behind the Chamber of Commerce.  The American sharpshooters positioned to provide covering fire for the US headquarters picked off people in the nearby areas.


Eyewitnesses who live in the building told Mafkarat al-Islam’s correspondent that Iraqi Resistance fighters took out the seven American snipers in a two-stage operation.  The Resistance first fired a head-on barrage of RPGs at the third-floor position of the American snipers.  An armed detachment of the Resistance then stormed the position, raking it with automatic weapons fire to make sure that the American snipers were dead.


Resistance downs US helicopter in ar-Ramadi, killing three US troops as fighting rages.


An officer in the Iraqi puppet police reported that Iraqi Resistance forces shot down an American aggressor helicopter on Wednesday during a fierce battle in the city of ar-Ramadi.  Three of the personnel who had been aboard the helicopter were killed in the crash, the source told Reuters.


Reuters reported several eye witnesses as saying that the helicopter had been brought down.  The correspondent for al-Jazeera satellite TV reported earlier in the day that there had been reports – at that time unconfirmed – of an American helicopter shot down in the eastern districts of ar-Ramadi where violent and bloody battles raged for several hours between the Resistance and occupation troops, leaving numerous dead and wounded.


The al-Jazeera correspondent reported that local people had seen Resistance fighters deploying throughout the city streets in strength.  They said that the battle must have been ferocious, since it lasted so long and since the Americans were still unable to assert their control over the situation in the city.


Witnesses: Resistance car bomb kills 16 Americans in ar-Ramadi fighting.


According to the correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam eyewitnesses reported that 16 Americans were killed by an Iraqi Resistance car bomb in ar-Ramadi as they tried to launch a flanking attack on Resistance fighters engaged nearby.


The witnesses reported that at about 1:00pm Wednesday afternoon, as the fighting on al-‘Ishrin Street grew intense, the US invader troops attempted to encircle the Resistance fighters by advancing around the large mosque located to the east of al-‘Ishrin street.  The Americans sent a force of Humvees and a number of tanks preceded by infantrymen into the neighborhood around the mosque through which they proceeded cautiously lest they fall into a Resistance ambush.


But after advancing only a little way into the neighborhood, a booby-trapped GMC car parked nearby suddenly blew up, killing sixteen of the footsoldiers instantly, according to eyewitnesses.  The blast compelled the remaining US troops, tanks, and Humvees to call off their planned flanking attack and retreat from the area.


Nine American aggressor troops killed in bombings in al-Karmah Tuesday.


An Iraqi Resistance car bomb exploded on Tuesday morning as a US military patrol was passing near by at the as-Sabihat road crossing near the puppet police station in the al-Karmah district of al-Fallujah.


The local correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam reported that the blast destroyed two Humvees and killed six US troops who were aboard them. Four of the dead were in one of the Humvees, two were in the other.  Flying shrapnel from the blast crippled a third Humvee that was parked nearby and wounded the two American soldiers who were in it.


Eyewitnesses resident in the area told the correspondent that US troops sent reinforcements into the area after the explosion, closing it off.  They brought in a radar-type device to search for land mines, according to the witnesses – something the US troops do after all such frequent incidents.


The correspondent reported that when the troops were just 15 meters from the place where the car bomb blew up, the Iraqi Resistance detonated a second bomb by remote control, killing three more US troops, members of the group using the mine-detecting device.


US admits one soldier killed in Resistance bombing Wednesday.


An Iraqi Resistance roadside bomb exploded north of Baghdad, killing one US 1st Infantry Division soldier, and wounding six others.  Major Neal O'Brien of the 1st Infantry Division said the most recent soldier killed was on patrol in a Bradley fighting vehicle in ad-Dulu‘iyah, 70km north of Baghdad, when the bomb detonated shortly after midnight Wednesday.


Car bomb explodes in eastern Baghdad Wednesday afternoon, killing four.


Four persons were killed in the eastern part of Baghdad on Wednesday when a car bomb exploded there.  Iraqi puppet security officials said that the blast took place at about 5:30pm in the New District (al-Mintaqah al-Jadidah) in eastern Baghdad.  The car used in the bombing was reduced to a charred skeleton with no roof.  The American Associated Press (AP) broadcast video footage showing three charred bodies, one of which was blown to pieces and scattered around the scene of the blast.  The AP correspondent wrote that at least one person was wounded in the bombing.


Four women and children killed by barbaric US airstrike on Samarra’ Wednesday.


US aircraft savagely attacked the al-Qadisiyah neighborhood in northern Samarra’ on Wednesday according to the correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam.  The American air rampage left four Iraqi women and children martyred.


The US aggressors fired rockets at al-Qadisiyah neighborhood destroying five houses, killing four Iraqi women and children, and wounding five others for no apparent reason.


Local people vowed to get revenge for the innocent victims, noting that the fortunes of war, though changeable, are ultimately in their favor.


Puppet policeman killed by Iraqi Resistance RPG.


Iraqi Resistance fighters fired a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) at an Iraqi puppet police patrol in Kirkuk, killing one puppet policeman and wounding four others, according to a puppet police report made to Agence France Presse (AFP).


The Resistance attack took place in al-‘Urubah neighborhood in the eastern part of the city at 6:30am local time (2:30GMT).


Lieutenant Colonel Husayn ‘Allawi director of al-‘Urubah puppet police station reported that one of his patrols had been attacked by an RPG as it passed over the Gharnatah Bridge.  One puppet policeman was killed and four wounded, three of them seriously.  The badly wounded men were admitted to Azadi Hospital in downtown Kirkuk.


Resistance group threatens to kill six hostages if Kuwaiti company fails to pull out of Iraq.


An Iraqi Resistance organization on Wednesday announced that it was holding six non-Iraqi hostages, all of them employees of a Kuwaiti company that serves the US occupation of Iraq.  Three of the hostages are Indian, two Kenyan, and one is Egyptian.


The Resistance organization, calling itself “the Black Banners” threatened to kill the hostages, one every three days, unless the Kuwaiti company withdraws from Iraq.


In a video broadcast by al-‘Arabiyah satellite TV, a masked man said in the name of the Black Banners: “We announce that we have captured two Kenyans, three Indians, and one Egyptian and in that connection we have resolved upon the following:


“1. that the company that has sent in these materials must pull out and close down its offices in Iraq,


“2. That the home countries [of the hostages] must announce that they are pulling their employees and soldiers out of Iraq within 72 hours, starting at 8:00pm today, Wednesday, 21 July 2004,


“3. The head of each hostage will be cut off within 72 hours.”


On the video the Egyptian hostage, Muhammad ‘Ali Sanad from al-Mannufiyah Province, appealed to the company for which he works to pull its employees out of Iraq and save his life and the lives of the rest of the hostages.


Two persons were killed and four others wounded when a rocket crashed into the seventh floor of ‘Adnan Khayrallah Hospital in Baghdad.  Amir Mukhtar, Chief of Orthopedics in the hospital told the press that “two patients were killed and four others, including hospital staff and patients were seriously wounded when what is believed to have been a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) crashed into the seventh floor just after noon.”  According to the Saudi News Agency, Mukhtar added that the seventh floor is devoted to orthopedic patients and that his staff were at that time still assessing the extent of the damage.


US aggressor troops use rocket-propelled grenades when bursting into houses, buildings, and fortified trenches.  Rockets similar to that which struck the hospital were used in the killing of ‘Uday and Qusay Saddam Hussein, the sons of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in 2003.


Mossad blamed as another Iraqi professor is found murdered, the latest in over 100 such killings of Iraqi intellectuals.


An official in the local puppet police in Samarra’, 120km north of Baghdad, told Agence France Presse (AFP) on Wednesday that they had found the disfigured bodies of two persons, one of them that of an Iraqi scientist.


Ra’id Sa‘dun of the police force guarding the Samarra’ General Hospital said that on Wednesday morning they had found the body of Basim al-Mudarris, 60, a Doctor of Chemistry who worked at the Samarra’ Pharmaceuticals plant.


Sa‘dun said that the body, which had been disfigured, was found near the Ahmad ibn Hanbal mosque in the al-Jubayliyah district in the south of the city.  He added that they also found another body, as yet unidentified, in the al-Mu‘allimin neighborhood in the east of the city.


In previous months organizations of Iraqi professors have repeatedly accused the Zionist Mossad of systematically assassinating Iraqi scientists and university professors.  More than 100 Iraqi intellectuals have been found murdered since the US occupation of the country in spring 2003.


Dr. Huda an-Nu‘aymi, professor of political science and directoress of the Palestine Research Center at the University of Baghdad, said in March 2004, and reiterated on 27 June, that the Zionist Mossad in cooperation with the Anglo-American occupation authorities had murdered the Iraqi professors and scientists in an effort to thwart the country’s scientific and technological progress. The Zionist killer agents enter the country, she said, under the cover of foreign companies “investing” in Iraq.  As a result of the serial murders, many Iraqi intellectuals have left the country.